Lemon Drizzles are one of our team’s favourites… *rubs tummy* Super zingy and brilliant with a cup of tea (or pretty much anything to be fair).
For the cake
4 oz softened butter (make sure it's really soft)
6 oz self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
6 oz superfine sugar
2 large eggs
6 tablespoons milk
1 large lemon (unwaxed, finely grated rind of)
for the icing
1 large lemon (juice of)
4 oz superfine sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/gas mark 4.
2. This recipe suggests an oblong tin which measures 9" x 8", lined with baking parchment. could also be made in a round tin, but size of which we’re unsure.
3. Tip all cake ingredients into large mixing bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes; mixture will drop easily off spoon. Spoon mixture into tin and smooth with back of spoon.
4. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden and firm to the touch.
5. Beat together icing ingredients and pour over the cake while it is still toasty.
6. Cool in tin and then cut into squares (drizzle cake for your drizzling mouth)…